Last week we defined what a buyer specialist is – but why use one?
Buying a home in Lancaster County is one of the biggest financial commitments a home buyer will make in his/her lifetime. The home buying process can be complicated and overwhelming, and having a realtor by your side throughout the transaction can be helpful.
Due to laws of agency in Lancaster, there are many things a real estate agent cannot do for you unless you sign a buyer agency contract.
Without buyer representation, a realtor cannot:
- Educate you regarding property values or give you their opinion on a specific home’s value
- Recommend that the seller be responsible for repairing items at their expense
- Recommend that the seller pay a portion of your closing costs at settlement
- Discuss negative aspects of a property
- Keep any information confidential
- Protect you