Six Home Maintenance Tips for Spring
Spring is officially under way – yay! – and with spring comes longer days and warmer weather. Each season change brings with it a great opportunity to address some home maintenance items and spring is no exception. Here are a few things you can do to make sure your home is in great shape and ready as we head into summer!
- Inspect the outside of your home. Take a walk around your property to make sure the winter storms didn’t do any damage you aren’t aware of. If any damage was done to your roof, siding, etc. contact your favorite handyman or contractor to get the items repaired. Clean out your gutters of all debris.
- Tend to your lawn and landscaping. Spring is the perfect time of year to clean up flower beds, clear your yard of any leftover debris the winter weather left behind, and plan any landscaping refreshes. In a few weeks, plant some flowers to give your home a pop of color and enjoy all summer long!
- Reseal deck and other outdoor wood surfaces. Check your deck, fences, and any other wood surfaces that you have outside. Spring is the perfect time to reseal these items to protect them from weather year-round.
- Have your AC serviced. Now is a great time to make sure your AC systems is serviced and ready to go for the warm summer months that are coming.
- Handle safety items in your home. Time-change is a great time to remember to check and change batteries in your smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors. If you haven’t already done so, test all of your alarms and detectors and update with fresh batteries. Make sure fire extinguishers are ready to use if needed. Replace any burnt out light bulbs throughout the property.
- Spring clean throughout the home. Sunshine and warm temperatures often bring a burst of energy and spring cleaning is the perfect place to channel this energy! Spend some time this spring decluttering, organizing, and giving your home a good thorough clean. You won’t regret it!
Routine home maintenance goes a long way to keeping your home in great shape. Take some time to check over and protect your home, and enjoy the spring season!