Here in Lancaster County, we’ve been under stay home orders for awhile now. As we head into Memorial Day weekend this weekend, we realize the holiday will look different for most of us this year than normal.
Here are a few suggestions for ways you can spend your Memorial Day weekend this year.
- A mini backyard barbecue. Fire up the grill, break out the lawn games, and enjoy a mini barbecue at home with those you live with.
- Decorate outdoors. If you’ve got flags, or red white and blue decor, place them in your yard and on your door. Grab some sidewalk chalk and decorate your driveway or sidewalk with patriotic designs. You’ll love it, and your neighbors will too.
- Venture outdoors. Grab your bike, kayak, or hiking shoes and enjoy some time in mother nature.
- Game or movie night. Break out the old board games, or your favorite movie, and enjoy! If you’ve got a projector, break it out and enjoy a movie outside!
- Virtual family fun. If you would normally spend Memorial Day with extended family, set up a Google Hangout, FaceTime, or Zoom call. Get together virtually and enjoy some snacks and conversation, or play some games.
- Honor those you know who have served and are no longer with us. Pay their resting place a visit, watch their favorite show, drink their favorite drink, or share your favorite memory of them with someone you know.
- National Memorial Day Concert. Tune in to PBS on Sunday the 24th at 8 pm to enjoy a Memorial Day Concert.