Groundhog Day is coming! And who knew, there are actually a few Groundhog Day celebrations right here in Lancaster, PA. Whether you’re a die-hard Groundhog Day observer who just can’t get to Punxsutawney this year, or you’re just looking for some fun to add to your day on February 2nd, here’s what you can check out in Lancaster:
- Mount Joy Minnie – Friday, February 2nd from 7-8 am, Mt Joy Minnie will appear to make her 2018 winter weather prediction. Head to the rotary clock at Marietta and E Main St to check her out, and wear a hat for the silly hat contest.
- Mount Gretna Grady – Friday, February 2nd at 9 am, Mount Gretna Grady will make his forecast at 301 Bell Ave in Mt. Gretna.
- Octoraro Orphie – Friday, February 2nd at 7 am, donuts will be served followed by Octoraro Orphie’s weather prediction and a parade, all happening at the Chateau at White Rock of the Slumbering Groundhog Lodge located 248 White Rock Road, Quarryville.
- Valentino Cafe Groundhog Day Parade – Friday, February 2nd at 1 pm, Valentino’s Cafe located at 132-134 Rider Ave, Lancaster. Breakfast will be served from 7-10:30 am with food trucks available after 11 am, parade begins at 1 pm.
- Groundhog Day viewing party – Friday, February 2nd from 10 am to 4:45 pm at Lancaster Public Library located at 125 N. Duke Street, Lancaster, view the cult-classic Groundhog Day, playing all day on loop!