Can we all agree that summer has started? Sure, it’s not “official” until June 20th, but with Memorial Day behind us, the calendar flipping to June, and school wrapping up, it is definitely feeling like summer is here!
With summer comes a list of seasonal home maintenance tips for you to consider. If you haven’t done these things yet, now is the time, before Lancaster hits those high temps!
- Repair any faded or cracked paint. Now is a great time to do any of your exterior painting projects you’ve been putting off. Not only does fresh paint look great, but it helps protect your home from the elements.
- Wash your windows and your home. Consider having your exterior power washed by a professional for the best results. Many power washing companies will also do the exterior of your windows, or you can always do them yourself!
- Power wash and reseal your deck. If you have a wooden deck, now is the perfect time to make sure it’s in great shape before it’s in high-use. No deck? Clean off your patio or any exterior living spaces you have.
- Have your A/C serviced. If you skipped this home maintenance step this spring, now is definitely the time to have your home’s air conditioning system checked out before it’s running every day. Be sure to change your filter while you’re at it.
- Inspect outdoor play equipment. If you’ve got kids with outdoor play areas, take a few minutes to check everything out. Make sure it’s clean and safe to use. Break out your sprinklers, bubbles, and all manner of summer toys!
Whether you tackle every item on this list, or none at all, we hope you have an amazing summer in your home!