It seems like just yesterday we were writing with winter and spring home tips; and although it is not summer yet, it sure feels like it is! Many kids here in Lancaster are out of school or finishing up this week, pools are open, temperatures are up and folks are enjoying the start of the season. Whether you live in a townhome in Hempfield or a single-family home in Manheim Township – to anywhere in between – these summer care home tips can surely help you out!
- Take care of decks and patios. Chances are, if you haven’t already, you’ll soon find yourself outside more and more. Take the time to power wash your patios and decks. Stain or seal any wooden decks that need cared for to keep your outdoor living space looking great.
- Pressure wash your home. If you haven’t already, now is a great time to pressure wash all the grime of the colder months off of the outside of your home.
- Give your AC a tune up. Call your favorite local HVAC company to come check out your AC system. Make sure refrigerant levels are where they should be and filters are clean to keep the system running great throughout the hot summer months.
- Check your air returns. Many homes have upper and lower air returns throughout the property. Keep in mind in summer, you want the top returns to be open with the bottom returns closed. This will help your HVAC system run more efficiently.
- Clean out your gutters. Check your gutters and clear them of all leaves and debris that may be clogging them up. Gutters need to be clear to work effectively.
We hope these simple tips help to prepare you and your home for summer! Get them done soon and then kick back and enjoy the rest of these warm summer months!